My quilts are a dedication to the memory of my Son. I miss you my Danny Boy. Every Quilt is made with Love. Every stitch contains a teardrop. Every quilt gives the gift of a Hug.

Sunday 1 January 2012

A Thank You

It has been one year today, that I began quilting. It is without a doubt one of the smartest things I have done. I made a pledge to myself that as of today I would start blogging. I have also promised my 2 followers, yes I said two. Two wonderful amazing women who are following me even though I have never written a word on my blog. I want to thank them from the bottom of my heart for their faith in me.
Let me begin by telling you a little about myself. First: The most important is that I write the way I talk. So a warning, be prepared to be confused from time to time. Lol.  Second: My blog at the moment is really bare. I do not have a banner or a display of any of the wonderful projects I completed in 2011, all of this will come in time. Third: I began quilting because I needed something to occupy my hands and mind during a time of loss.
Today is a Thank You to all the wonderful quilters who's blog I read everyday. You are amazing. You have inspired me to surpass my self imposed limits. Thank you  for sharing so much of yourselves. You made me smile when I didn't feel like smiling.
A wonderful lady and  friend said to me recently that I am sewing tears into stitches and a whole lot of love. Thank you for helping me deal with a year of loss and the sorrow of my grief. I will share more with you as time goes by but for now I just want to say "Thank You".

2 comments:

Cindy Adkins said...

I am so sorry that 2011 was a time of loss for you...and I hope that 2012 will be a happy year with many new beautiful experiences and lots of new blogging friends. Sending (((hugs)) your way,
Cindy

Kelli Fannin Quilts said...

Hi Beverly,
I wandered over to follow your blog, as you were so kind to follow mine during the giveaway, not knowing what I'd find. I'm so sorry for your losses, and sorrows. My prayer will be for strength for you to see a light at the end of the tunnel that guides you through each day, until you're able to come out the other side with new routines and ways to navigate this new life path that you weren't expecting. Many hugs! And of course some big wet kisses from Buster. xo, Kelli